Wednesday 3 March 2010

Joining In

I am not a person to shy away from a challenge. Over the last few months or so I have been following you clever bloggers out there busily making your little klosjes blocks and the results are looking pretty impressive. Janet at Quiltsalott has thrown down the gauntlett and I have taken it up. Here is my small start. Whilst the tea was cooking I busily cut out a few blocks and have sewn them together this evening. Making the pattern pieces was a simple process.



Now it is really early in the day to be getting to item 13 on my list but, sorry girls, I couldn't resist. Just had to do it.

Love Shirl.x

8 comments:

  1. Ha Ha! I have told Janet that I am going to start making spools too! I will draft mine up tomorrow at sewing. This is going to be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, I love them and I can't wait until Saturday, we'll be in a virtual quilting bee. I think they might be addictive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh...they are lovely!!! So you started them too..;o))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your blog and am intrigued by these spools. Is there a pattern for them? Nola

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shirley! How Lovely! Welcome to the Club!
    xox
    Valentina

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your spools. I just finshed a little spoolquilt of 510 spools, each 6 cm,...
    I wish you much fun!
    ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Shirley,
    I hope to get the English Garden Sampler done in December. We'll see. I'm a bit behind since I only just finished January's part. lol I'll have to play catch-up on it, or December will never happen.

    I love your shore bird quilt. That's really awesome! You don't often see quilts like that. It's rather abstract (which I LOVE). Right side up it looks just like a flock of seagulls or sandpipers, but on its side it looks very much like a window by Frank Lloyd Wright, which is too cool! How are you going to quilt it? Is it for a bed or a wall-hanging?

    Thanks,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete