Thursday 28 October 2010

Tea, Fabric and Elyte

Hello everyone. I would like to say a very big thank you to all you lovely people for your kind words of comfort this past week. It has been a terrible week in all ways. On top of the shock a viral illness hit me with the force of a sledgehammer.

One really lovely thing to happen this week was the opportunity to meet with a fellow blogger. Elyte and I realised that we had so many things in common that when she said she was coming to the UK for a holiday I hoped that she would fit us in her itinerary. A very big thank you to Keith for doing this for us. We had a lovely few hours together and chatted away like we had known each other for ever. The Internet is truly an amazing concept.



We exchanged a few goodies. The tin contains yummy biscuits and the design is from Emma Ball who is one of my favourite artists. How clever of Elyte to guess this. Plus some lovely fabrics to play with.



I have been sewing hexagons again this week. It is the only thing I can concentrate on. Hexagons are the sewing version of comfort food and in times of severe stress they should be the order of the day. The total lozenges now stands at 16 with another 6 ready prepped. I don't have a plan for how many I need, I shall just keep going until I declare it enough.



Sarah just happened to look out of the window the other day and said that there was a pheasant on next doors roof. I tell you we get some odd things appearing in our garden from time to time. We are less than a mile from the town centre and a short drive away from open fields and I guess these creatures just get lost on route. He certainly shouldn't have been in our garden.



Once again, a very big thank you to you all for your kindness and support. You are the best.

Happy Stitching

Love Shirley.xx

11 comments:

  1. He was lucky he wasn't someone dinner. Hope you are all over the dreaded flu and all things pick up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are back with us- They say time is a great healer. Chin up. Great pressie's
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is always good when meeting 'virtual friends' does not disappoint. Sounds like you had a good time. I do hope that you have got over your viral infection, they always hit when we are at our most vulnerable. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhhh good to have you back.You have been in my thoughts daily....
    Get well and God Bless! oh by the way....how wonderful to meet a fellow blogger. I must agree, the internet is truly and amazing concept! Once again, Big Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at you girls...you both look lovely, nice that you got to meet each other.
    Hope things improve now Shirley, and your feeling better.
    Julia ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. As the days go by, I hope that your stitching and other distractions ease your mind, I hope that your memories surround and comfort you, and know that your blogging friends care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Still here in London. Went to the V&A yesterday to look up my beloved William Morris. Must say there is soooooo much to see that we got distracted a million times. I just love your country and thank you for showing me your part of the world. You have definitely got me on the hexies now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. sitting here with Jo and Mandy reading your bloh. Hope all is well with you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Shirley, I am so pleased you got to catch up with Elyte and love the pressies she bought for you. Your hexies are looking beautiful, as always, and I will be thinking of you over the next couple of days.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am sorry to hear you haven't been well on top of your other difficulties - I can understand what you mean about "comfort" stitching. The hexagons are looking great. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm more than a bit behind, having just seen this post tonight. I hope you are healthy again! How nice to do such fun things, and presents, too! Just what you needed.

    Hugs,
    ~ Ronda

    ReplyDelete