Saturday 1 January 2011

New Year - New Start

Forgive me. Today I am feeling a little peaky. I was determined to see in the New Year and be rid of the old one. Don't get me wrong, 2010 wasn't all bad, in fact some truly great things happened. Events somewhat overshadowed everything else and I almost melted down. I miss my Mum more than I could possibly have thought or known but life has to go on for everyone else and in this New Year I plan to sort myself out.

I missed my blogging anniversary. I started blogging in December 2009 and rambled on to myself for a while and then all of a sudden all these wonderful people entered my world. It has been truly amazing, even meeting a couple of you. I met Sue (I Sew Quilts) and Elyte (Tea,Fabric and Other Things) and it feels like you have all become such friends and I have valued all your comments, your words of wisdom and comfort for which I thank you all enormously. I am looking forward now to seeing what the next year brings. I have a few new projects planned but have not forgotten the old ones. There are many unfinished things lurking in cupboards which need some love and attention and I shall do my best.

The cold, snowy weather brought the Fieldfare back into the garden. My neighbours tree has the most delicious berries, at least from a birds point of view and within a day they had stripped it bare of it's fruit. They really shouldn't be in our garden but I guess they go where the food is in abundance. It was however a great relief to see such green grass when all the snow melted. My husband fell over on the ice on Christmas Day and badly hurt his back. A week later it is getting easier for him and the Doctor says it is just badly bruised.



A little bit of floral cheering up.



The pile of jelly roll hexagons is growing and now totals 34. I am playing with background colours and this pretty pale teal is calling me although not yet definitely decided.



I am sure that my finger will hover over the buy button way more than will be good for me because as you will all know by now that I have no willpower or self control and someone has to keep the Economy going. I fear that I will not be alone.

May 2011 be a very happy and productive one for each and everyone of you.

Happy Stitching.

Love Shirley.x

18 comments:

  1. I know that keeping the economy going feeling! Someone has to do it. lol. Love that blue with the pinks. Go on, you know you want too.

    Happy 2011 to you, and health too (esp. hubby and his back!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Shirley. Happy -late- blogaversary and a Happy New Year. Love that teal with your hexies. No you are definitely not alone with your will power!! Hope your hubby's back mends soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That teal looks fab and says Shirley all over.
    You definitely sound more up beat and hope Micks back is better soon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you every happiness in 2011. I just love your hexie flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year Shirley!!! I am sending "get well" wishes to Mick and his sore back.

    I love the blue behind the hexies!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year Shirley...I hope Mick is feeling better now..
    Start a new project for the new year Shirley..
    A bit of fabric therapy is good not only good for the economy but you too... !
    Julia ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. And a Happy New Year to you, dear Shirley! I hope it will hold many special moments as well a many creative hours. I can't get enough of your hexies, so please keep them coming! All best wishes. Vreni x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your poor Hubby, I hope he recovers quickly. I do love that pretty teal with the hexes, it's a winner but I suppose you're wondering if it is "the one"
    My buy finger has been working a bit lately too, lol. Here's to a great New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My buy finger hit the "order" button on Dec 31, and I'm hoping I can keep it under control in 2011.
    Your unique teal background looks like a winner to me. Here's to more relaxing hours in 2011 with all of our hexie stitching.
    Happy New Year to you, Shirley, and I hope your husband is back to feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Shirl
    I know those hexes will look good on anything!!
    Trust yourself.
    I am looking forward to our get togethers, I think we all need a gossip and some healing.
    Tell m
    Mick to get his paper DELIVERED. LOL
    Take care my special friend.
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy New Year Shirley. I bet that little birdie has very cold feet.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy New Year - and congratulations on the blog anniversary. Here's hoping for better things in due course. Emergency oatcakes can always be sent if required.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy blog anniversary and I am more than happy to support the economy with you. I hope the weather improves and that Mick is feeling better. Have a great year!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Anniversary and New Year Shirley! I have been very slack keeping up on everyones blog posts
    I hope your hubby is on the mend,
    Gorgeous hexies on the teal fabric!!!!!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy New Year and Happy Anniversary Shirley!
    Pretty hexie flowers and I like the light teal a lot too.
    Oh I feel for your hubby...I hope he's feeling even better by now.
    Time really does help the raw emotions Shirley...know that you are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Here's to a healing and happy 2011 Shirley. Thank goodness the back was only bruised. I know what you mean about willpower, I have taken to hiding my credit card! I like the teal background too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think the hex flowers look lovely against the teal backdrop. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wishing you all the best for 2011...may it bring peace in your heart.

    ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete