As I was sewing on the binding I came across this number in the corner. It is still there but now hidden under the binding, hopefully for someone else to discover in the future. I carefully snipped off the lace and have just slip stitched the binding over the already neatened quilt edge. No need to make extra work. Hope Barbara will approve.
Whilst we await the arrival of this special delivery I have been finishing things off.
Firstly, I showed this crochet blanket quite a while ago but I don't think I showed it finished. I thought I had finished it with the little scallop border but the other day decided to crochet a pink line around the border and add a flower. Now it is finished.
It is quite some time since I did any dressmaking but for my birthday in July I was given a book of Mum and Baby patterns by Anna Maria Horner and decided to make the pretty top for Rachel. It went together very easily and is a clever idea. The side panels open up so that baby can be discreetly fed. It is both pretty and functional and I like that. Just need a baby. Please excuse the foot but I am not sure where the carefully edited photo disappeared.
Quilting has started on the periwinkle quilt. I googled images for periwinkle quilts and this antique version popped up and I like the way it had been quilted. Just need to get a wiggle on now.